- Adam's Art and Bonsai Blog provides excellent information about bonsai trees and techniques with easy to understand, step-by-step instructions that include lots of pictures.
- Bonsai Mary is Mary C. Miller, and her site has over 100 pages of information that include tips for buying bonsai, bonsai supplies, proper care techniques and everything in between.
- Alliance For Community Trees (ACTrees) is a national movement to improve the environment and our communities one tree at a time. ACTrees supports the needs of communities, nonprofits, businesses, and others engaged in urban forestry.
- TREE AID helps villagers living in the drylands of Africa unlock the potential of trees to reduce poverty and protect the environment, building its richness and health not just for today, but for generations to come.
Conservation & Preservation
- American Forest Foundation works on-the-ground with families, teachers, and elected officials to promote stewardship, keep forests healthy, and protect forest heritage in the United States.
- Archangel Ancient Tree Archive is a non-profit organization that locates and propagates the world’s oldest and most iconic trees. They are creating living libraries of old-growth tree genetics.
- Conservation International works to ensure a healthy and productive planet for us all. They help communities, countries and societies protect tropical forests, lush grasslands, rivers, wetlands, abundant lakes and the sea.
- International Tree Foundation (ITF) supports projects that involve planting trees that provide food and income for local people. In many cases this simultaneously addresses environmental issues such as habitat restoration and fundamental rights issues.
- The American Chestnut Foundation is restoring the American chestnut tree to eastern woodlands in the US to benefit the environment, wildlife, and society. In the process, they are creating a template for restoration of other trees and plants.
- The Garden Conservancy has joined together with gardeners, local organizations, and other like-minded partners since 1989 to preserve exceptional American gardens for the education and enjoyment of the public.
- The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
Education & Training
- Arboriculture Canada Training & Education Ltd. specializes in professional arboriculture training and education for arborists, grounds managers, and horticulture, landscaping, nursery & park technicians.
- H&W Training Arboriculture & Tree Surgery Courses and qualifications run throughout Scotland and the UK by fully qualified NPTC Assessors and LANTRA training providers.
- How To Build A Treehouse Course covers the planning, technology and simple principles needed to design a treehouse that meets your needs, along with ideas and practical skills that will enable you to build it.
- ISA Online Learning Center The International Society of Arboriculture Online Learning Center is a portal to learning and professional development in the field of arboriculture.
- Proclimber Fast Track Training provides tree surgery training, tree surgeon courses, and arborist courses in the UK and worldwide.
- Tree Board University will help you learn more about trees and serving in a citizen advisory role in your city, town, or village.
- Tree Care Industry Association Training Center offers a wide range of tree care industry training workshops and webinars.
- Tree Climbers International is a worldwide organization of people who love to climb trees and the world's first school for recreational tree climbers. They provide qualified tree climbing instruction by highly-trained instructors.
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the nation's most powerful environmental groups, combining the power of 1.3 million members and online activists with the expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
- Altec is a leading provider of products and services to the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets.
- American Arborist Supplies has been providing professional quality arborist equipment and arborist supplies since 1950.
- Bishop Company has been supplying tools and equipment to professional arborists and landscapers for over 65 years.
- SherrillTree provides arboricultural products to the tree care profession, tree-climbing enthusiasts, educators, scientists and recreational climbers. Sherrill, Inc. has been in operation since 1960.
Get Tree Service
- TreeEstimate.com is a free tree estimate/quote request site and educational resource guide for the services of the tree care industry. They work with reputable, local companies that offer very competitive rates.
- TreeJob.com helps customers quickly find the right contractor for their needs, request tree service estimates from local experts, and get answers to their tree care questions.
- TreeSurgery.com is a UK-based directory website which aims to connect tree surgeons, all manner of tree workers, and arboricultural businesses in the UK with customers who need their services.
- American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA) is a professional association focused solely on arboricultural consulting. The role of ASCA is to bring a comprehensive, objective viewpoint to diagnosis, appraisal and evaluation.
- Arboricultural Association is the largest body in the UK for the amenity tree care professional.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) promotes the professional practice of arboriculture and fosters a greater worldwide awareness of the benefits of trees.
- Society of Municipal Arborists is an organization of municipal arborists and urban foresters that strives to create networking and educational opportunities that promote the sound, professional management of a vital and invaluable resource.
- Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) develops safety and education programs, standards of tree care practice, and management information for arboriculture firms around the world.
Jobs & Employment Opportunities
- Arbjobs has been helping arboricultural companies in the UK advertise job openings since 1999. With over 9,000 visitors a month, it’s one of the most popular places to seek arboriculture and forestry employment.
- Find a Forestry Job displays job opportunities in a wide range of forestry-related fields. It’s completely free for candidates looking for jobs.
- Fresh Horticultural Careers is a specialist recruitment agency for the gardening,landscaping and horticulture industries throughout the UK.
- Get Forestry Jobs This resource for forestry job seekers and employers is free to search and there is no charge to post openings.
- Jobs in Horticulture is free for job-seekers looking for new tree care jobs, arboriculture jobs, floral jobs, landscaping jobs, nursery jobs, greenhouse jobs, botanical garden jobs, irrigation jobs, estate gardener jobs, interiorscape jobs, IPM jobs, and more.
- Tree Care Jobs is free to job seekers and affordable for employers. They attract experienced industry professionals who know what they are looking for, as well as people looking to start a career in tree care.
Reference & Guides
- Forest Health Advisory System is designed to report on existing and predicted insect and disease conditions.
- National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) NPIC provides objective, science-based information about pesticides and pesticide-related topics to enable people to make informed decisions about pesticides and their use.
- SelecTree is an interactive tree selection guide program designed to help you select appropriate trees.
- The U.S. Drought Monitor is a weekly map of drought conditions. Maps come out every Thursday morning at 8:30 eastern time, based on data through 7 a.m. the preceding Tuesday.
- US Forest Service Forest, Insect, and Disease Reporting Portal accesses a myriad of state, county, and local level forest insect and disease conditions data, including near real-time forest disturbance information collected from space.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map is the standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension is an organization of credible experts who share university knowledge for free with everyone. This page contains dozens of guides and reference materials you can use to care for trees, shrubs, and groundcovers.